BECOME A MEMBER
HISH membership is available to any organisation or community group interested in STEM.
Membership provides many benefits as outlined below.
HISH has a Hunter Region focus with national connections and reach.
Please complete the form below to become a member – required fields are marked with a red star *.
2023 HISH Membership fees
- $22 inc GST (Individual)
- $99 inc GST (Organisations)
Benefits of HISH Membership (subject to approvals and/or availability):
- Public liability insurance for HISH members without their own insurance cover – to run approved co-branded HISH events
- Apply for small amounts of funding (generally less than $500 per event/initiative). To apply for funding, fill out our funding form.
- Access to apply for annual funding through Inspiring Australia small grants
- Ability to apply through HISH Inc for Commonwealth and other grants per HISH’s Not-For-Profit and Incorporated status
- Promotion of your organisation, initiatives and/or events to Hunter Region (and beyond):
- Schools, educators, and community members
- Councils, libraries, museums
- Industry and organisations such as HMRI, UON, I2N and more
- Inspiring Australia and other Science Hubs
- through our social media, newsletters, emails, reports and cross promotions via other HISH member’s events and mailing lists.
- Annual stall at Hunter Science Festival during National Science Week engaging over 3,000 members of the community, hosted at Newcastle Museum
- Free access to certain venues to deliver your exhibitions, presentations, workshops, or other activity promoting your organisation (subject to availability)
- Opportunities to mix with like-minded people and to be mentored and build your skills in science communication, engagement, and administration
- Access to international and national science and STEM leaders and practitioners
The Executive Committee is comprised of international and national award-winning academics, educators, and practitioners: Emeritus Professor Tim Roberts AM, Professor Peter Howley, Dr Michelle Kelly, Dr Scott Sleap, Dr Alex Callen, Mr Sam Cardwell, Mr Alec Roberts, and Ms Laura Boland.
Membership fees help pay for the running expenses for HISH including:
- Public Liability Insurance & Volunteer Insurance
- Website Maintenance
- NSW Fair Trading requirements
Payment by cheque or direct deposit.
You can pay by electronic funds transfer to:
BSB 650000 Account 530777802
Please use your organisation name as an identifying reference
or by posting a cheque made out to Hunter Innovation & Science Hub Inc to:
Suite 3D1 Level 3 T&G Building
45 Hunter Street Newcastle 2300
If you need an invoice issued for payment please let us know.
Member organisations must allocate a staff member to attend monthly planning meetings and contribute to HISH events and tasks. To become a member please fill out the form below.
Memberships run from January 1 to December 31 each year.
Please ensure you fill in all fields marked with a red star * at a minimum before clicking on submit button below. In particular, if you select on “Other” for Membership Payment you need to complete the field.
Become a Member
"*" indicates required fields